Friday, October 9, 2009

Once you go Mac you never go back

I use to have two PCs
both running different versions of Microsoft windows
viruses lived in the shadows
it constantly crashed and was slow on downloads
it took half an hour to start up
seemed like it was always stuck
One time the hard drive died
I lost all the poems I had stored inside
The computer was infested
spyware everywhere
constant pop ups like popcorn
I looked at it with deep scorn
once it started up it would not shut down
many times I wanted to slam it to the ground
It was slower then a traffic jam everyday a new update for PC
endless daily Norton anti-virus updates
a new threat of some Trojan horse or bug made me wanna do drugs
I would try to upgrade windows un-operating systems
I had Windows
-------95,
------------98,
---------------Millennium 2000
-----------------------------------XP
-------------------------------------and Vista
they all made me break out in fever blisters
made no difference
called my friend for aid
yet another fix and upgrade
I found myself watching the little white hourglass
as once again it crashed
left me scratching my ass
praying to Bill Gates that he’d make it go fast
I installed more memory but it didn’t solve the problem for me
It started to restart on it’s own
while I was right in the middle of some artistic zone
Applications suddenly close
Next the computer froze
I’d have to reboot
my computer i want to shoot
My software had back doors
Working with it was such a chore
I was always running low on gigabytes
had me mad uptight
trying to install and uninstall programs
when a virus or problem began
again my computer got wiped
un-operating system fright
my first experience with apple was an iPod colored black
I liked I tunes but pretty soon on a PC again there were problems for me

my PC had strange places called bios this too I had to learn and be concerned
every once in a while I’d see the blue screen of death
told me my PC had hard nothing left
was on its last binary breath
Just when I reached my wits end I met my girlfriend
she gave me a Mac G4 bringing my PC use to a pause
The first shock was I could have lots of applications open and it would not stop
my mouth just dropped
The hard drive had lots more space my PC got quickly replaced I moved my music files to itunes and smiled

It took less then a minute to begin it
And I easily became familiar with mac though it’s not similar to PC it just shows you how to use it naturally

2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
--------------------2Giga Bytes of memory
----------------------------------500 Giga Byte hard drive I felt alive

I started making music
itunes, garageband and iphoto – for everything I use it
I got the iMac now I’ll never go back so many features so easy to use
Videos, documents photos and it doesn’t crash - threw my PC in the trash
Cleared up my PC blues free at last free at last

1 comment:

  1. Subject matter is neat! Hey that reminds me of the following MadTv show. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcjLEwZqcQI

    ReplyDelete

Free Web Site Counter
 
Arts Blogs - Blog Top Sites